Burnett Bayland Park - 6000 Chimney Rock Road

Not to be confused with Bayland Park at Bissonnet and Hillcroft.

Precinct 4 Website: Burnett Bayland Park (harriscountytx.gov)

Madres Del Parque Facebook: Madres Del Parque | Houston TX | Facebook

Master Plan Website: Burnett-Bayland Park (harriscountytx.gov)

"Harris County Precinct 4 and Commissioner Lesley Briones has begun the Burnett Bayland Park Master Plan. The Master Plan will transform Burnett Bayland Park into an iconic experience for all to enjoy. It is a collaborative community initiative, and the project team wants to hear your ideas for the future of the park. 

The Master Plan process will include the voices and input from key stakeholders and the surrounding community. There will be stakeholder meetings, community workshops, presentations to area groups and organizations, informal touchpoints and a survey. This is scheduled to take place from summer 2023 through Spring 2024."

Burnett_Bayland_Master_Plan.jpg?ver=srHa

Chronicle Editorial from January in favor of the upgrades.

Briones wants Gulfton to get a 'signature' park like Hermann. Why not? (houstonchronicle.com)

"Burnett Bayland Park lies within the city limits, so one might wonder why the county, rather than the city, is spearheading a project of this scope. Briones’ answer: “My philosophy as commissioner is I am going to serve all of my precinct.” (About half of her Precinct 4 lies within Houston or other municipalities.) She reached agreements with former Mayor Sylvester Turner’s administration for the county to take over maintenance and operations of Burnett Bayland Park, Bayland Park in nearby Sharpstown and Freed Park in eastern Spring Branch."

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Burnett Bayland Park - 6000 Chimney Rock Road