"Guardian Angel" by Eric H. Bowen

(Note: This post was authorized by @editor)

My Christian fiction/supernatural suspense novel Guardian Angel will be coming out in the next few months. I'm self-publishing it under my Celesta Press imprint, with wide distribution under terms favorable to local bookstores. Of course, it will be available from the online retailers as well.

I'm hardly impartial to this story, of course, but here's what an experienced book editor had to say in the way of a capsule description:

Railroad police officer Mike Wilson’s beat is ten feet by ten thousand miles. When he foils a major drug deal, he ticks off the wrong kingpins. And he discovers just how far outside his jurisdiction he’s strayed—into a nest of demons now targeting him for revenge.

When given the chance at her dream job, Dawn ditches her angelic general’s stars to become a Guardian. For the past thirty years, she’s watched over Mike as his faith has grown strong despite lasting scars on his soul. She’s poured her heart into writing him encouraging notes he may never see, and dreamed of the impossible—meeting him face to face. But when Mike’s life is threatened, Dawn’s warrior instincts drive her to crash the forbidden barrier between realms to save his life.

To say the least, her split-second decision stirs up a hornet’s nest of infernal proportions, driving a wedge of doubt between their hearts. And touching off an epic battle between Heaven and Hell—with Mike’s very soul as the prize.

Note: Guardian Angel is a Christian/supernatural suspense novel with a speculative twist which tells the story of what happens when one impulsive act of heroism sets two opposing realms on a collision course. Told in first person from the (sometimes unreliable) point of view of Dawn’s angel BFF, at its heart it’s a very special kind of love story. Names have been changed to protect the innocent—and the not-so-innocent!

The action and story of the book is set in the Houston area, which is why I asked to mention it here. I name-check a few well-known sites, including the long-lamented Astroworld, Sam Houston Park downtown, the former "Maywell House" (thank you, lawyers!) coffee plant, and more.

I'm planning to make a hardback library edition available on shelves come March 29th, with e-book and softcover formats to follow on May 15th. A Large Print edition and a Spanish language translation are also in the works. Pre-sales should be available in mid-February.

I'm happy to make review copies, either electronic or physical Advance Reading Copies, available to reviewers with an established portfolio and stable media presence. You may contact me by message here.

This project represents a big personal investment of both time and money, but it's something I've wanted to do for many years. I hope you enjoy it.

GA_Trade_9798989512911-Perfect_pf1-page001.jpg.365c58f8e6e07227dce7a8c8aa064dbb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Here's an update: The hardcover edition of Guardian Angel is now available through most online booksellers, or it can be ordered through your local book dealer. I just found out this morning that I've had my first international sale, in Germany!

If anyone's curious, you can purchase the hardcover direct from my distributor at this link. I get a bigger cut (normally the bookstore takes more than half!) and you get 10% off! (If you prefer to wait, the softcover, e-Book, and Large Print editions will be available as of May 15th.)

I've had a very flattering editorial review from Reedsy Discovery, excerpted below:

Loved it! 😍

A fascinating, engrossing vision of spiritual warfare and what it might be like to meet your guardian angel in the flesh.

Dawn was a high-ranking officer in the angelic army and is a skilled warrior, but she gave that up to take a dream role as Mike's Guardian....

I enjoyed the depiction of angels as having different roles in Heaven. Some are warriors. Some are counselors. Some are guardian angels....

The battle scenes and the lengths the demons go to to deceive Mike and to take Dawn out of the fight were pretty intense and kept the pages turning. The interactions between Mike and Dawn were also well written and heartfelt. I mean, imagine finding out that yes, you really do have a guardian angel, and here they are in your living room!

If you're a fan of Christian speculative fiction, you'll enjoy Guardian Angel.

Review written for Reedsy Discovery by Lisa Henson. Rated four stars (of five).

(Inclusion of the direct purchase link has been authorized by @editor.)

11 hours ago, ehbowen said:

Here's an update: The hardcover edition of Guardian Angel is now available through most online booksellers, or it can be ordered through your local book dealer. I just found out this morning that I've had my first international sale, in Germany!

If anyone's curious, you can purchase the hardcover direct from my distributor at this link. I get a bigger cut (normally the bookstore takes more than half!) and you get 10% off! (If you prefer to wait, the softcover, e-Book, and Large Print editions will be available as of May 15th.)

I've had a very flattering editorial review from Reedsy Discovery, excerpted below:

(Inclusion of the direct purchase link has been authorized by @editor.)

I'm intrigued but will wait for the paperback! 🙃

• Like 1