Champion Forest/Memorial Northwest

Import

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kickerillo & Co paid a great deal of money for this coveted parcel, I've no doubt they've got big plans for it.

Im now looking at a house in Vintage Lakes. Gated community like the one im in, biggest differnece, NO LOW INCOME APARTMENTS NEAR!!!!!!!!

Nothing but trees, homes and lakes ;)

Im now looking at a house in Vintage Lakes. Gated community like the one im in, biggest differnece, NO LOW INCOME APARTMENTS NEAR!!!!!!!!

isn't there land slated within the Vintage specifically for apartments? There's a complex right nearby on Louetta. Of course it's nice, for now.

Be careful. At one point in the planning process (late last year), I recall that they'd planned to have over 800 units closer to the railroad track and another bit of land nearly adjacent to Vintage Lakes that would have retail along Louetta and apartments in back.

Today's luxury apartments....well, they won't be tomorrow.

Today's luxury apartments....well, they won't be tomorrow.

You are exactly right!!!! The apartments right over the wall from me were luxury with high price to boot. Problem is, they couldnt get tenants there for the long haul. People in this area would rather pay a high mortgage than a high rent. End result, the rents drop and the garbage moves in........

I grew up in Champion Forest 2nd thru 12th grade and I can assure you that the area is NOT in decline. There are mansions on Raveneaux's golf course. Memorial Northwest has HUGE homes as well - all very well kept. Wimbledon, Spring Creek Oaks, Spring Creek Forest, Terranova, and all the new EXPENSIVE property springing up in between is damn nice. Klein ISD is a small district, but has always maintained a stellar reputation as one of the Houston area's top performing districts.

FM 1960, although a huge eyesore in any direction, has upscale shopping close to Champions and Greenwood Forest.

I could go on and on and on.....

With home sizes averaging 3,500 SF, I dont really see the decline coming any time soon. And to anyone who does think its coming, just look at all the new expensive homes being built in this area.

Agreed. There are several more million dollar homes under construction right now just across the street from Raveneaux in Champion Forest on Cypresswood. Dozens and dozens more being built all over the area.

There are more than 133 homes valued at $1 Million + in the area, 167 homes valued b/w $750k and $1M, and 618 homes valued at $500k to $750k. Over 13,500 homes valued b/w $200k-500k.

http://www.vintageparkhouston.com/demographics.pdf

Archived