Destination Texas on Travel Channel

BayouCityGirl

Anyone catch this show?

I saw it last night 2/28/06 and it talked about the touristy part of Texas and didn't play favorites with ANY city. Even little cities like "Thurber, TX" population 8 ..even got some notice! :)

I do wish in the show Houston got a little more notice then just its great for the Rodeo and Space City. It did mention our great Medical Center!

It mentioned Dallas has the arts and eatry

San Antonio had the Riverwalk and Alamo (weirdly enough never mentioned Sea World or Fiesta Texas)

Austin and its live music scene (and South by Southwest Concert), and its laidback young lifestyle, and its capitol building.

The battle of the Alamo and San Jacinto! (most people stop talking after the Alamo)

"See what we Texans do with our time

On Tuesday, the Travel Channel is featuring "Destination: Texas," which focuses on how Texans spend their days. Activities range from rattlesnake hunting in Sweetwater to watching the space shuttle launch in Houston to playing cowboy in Bandera, the Cowboy Capital of the World. Then there's the food: Tex-Mex in San Antonio, barbecue in Dallas and chicken-fried steak in Houston. The South by Southwest music and film festivals, the Ewing ranch outside of Dallas and a famous ghost town also made the cut. Tuesday, 9 p.m. Travel Channel. "

http://www.statesman.com/life/content/life...VELMATTERS.html

I hope they reair this because I want to see the begining! (sorry its early and I can't spell right now)

I watched the Texas show, but my cable kept freezing up so it was really irritating to sit through. I fast forwarded through most except for the Houston parts.

I saw George Foreman's Houston about a year ago. Wasn't bad, but it could have been much better. They spent way too much of a segment on Nasa and George's gym. We need a new special.

Archived