Houston Submits Bid for 2026 World Baseball Classic

Houston bidding to host 2026 World Baseball Classic - Houston Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

"Burke said there are 16 other cities in the running to host the next iteration of the tournament. Houston hopes to find out if it will host the World Baseball Classic prior to the start of the 2024 MLB season at the end of March, she added. Games would presumably be hosted at Minute Maid Park in downtown."

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Q&A: Janis Burke, Harris County-Houston Sports Authority CEO, talks World Cup, NHL, Houston impact | Community Impact

"Is there any update from Major League Baseball on the city's bid for the World Baseball Classic in 2026?

We haven’t, but I feel good about it, because I always feel good about every bid. I think we will probably hear back before the end of [April]. That’s what we’ve been told. I heard in Miami, the city hit over 425,000 attendees to the World Baseball Classic. Can you imagine that in the spring, and then the World Cup in the summer? It’ll be our international year for sure."

• Like 3