Financial Times - Houston: Best City in US For Foreign Business/Investment

https://ig.ft.com/us-cities-index/

"Houston has taken the top slot as the best US city for foreign multinationals to do business in the second annual ranking compiled by the Financial Times and Nikkei. It gained the top spot by offering business friendly policies, excellent logistics, affordable cost of living, and a diverse community for overseas companies."

https://www.ft.com/content/8854bb17-938d-4dd5-88a8-c1605a4c5bce

"Ever since crude first gushed from Spindletop Hill in 1901, Houston has been an oil town — the epicentre of America’s oil and gas industry, its fortunes rising and falling with those of the sector.

Today, though, America’s fourth-largest city is rapidly expanding beyond the industry on which it was built. Not only has it become a centre for green energy innovation, but other sectors, including medical technology and aerospace, now call the Texas city home."

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
link
  • Like 4

• The title was changed to Financial Times - Houston: Best City in US For Foreign Business/Investment

Interesting that the FT would pick Houston and not Dallas.

I've noticed that Dallas seems to be slipping off the radar, internationally.

In weather forecasts, both Sky News and NHK have dropped Dallas from their forecasts.  One uses Austin now.  I think the other uses Houston, but I'll have to pay more attention the next time I watch TV.