Mountasia Family Fun Center At 17190 State Highway 249

chrisngrod

I heard the rumor that someone got injured on that spider web, but that rumor developed as I recall long before the park closed.

Look at the green algae in the wave pool and pools of water below the slides....

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...c=addr&om=1

Someone on a review site said the slides were getting rusted out and towards the end the wave pool broke along with other attractions. None of which were they fixing.

I remember all the great attractions metioned above. Malibu, Mountasia, etc. Looks like any existing ones like that one of 59 S won't last long either. Despite how nice they are they're all getting torn down. The go kart track on I-45 south heading away from town was swallowed up to become a parking lot for the building next to it. You can still see the track, but the grass has been replaced by gravel. Never went there. Still sad to see all these outdoor recreation places dying. People just can't beat the heat.

• Like 1

I heard the rumor that someone got injured on that spider web, but that rumor developed as I recall long before the park closed.

Not a rumor. Don't know the details, but it was shut down due to an injury. Sometimes you could fall straight through 2 layers. It was a unique but strange attraction for a water park.