Trinity Lutheran Cemetery On Sawyer St.

goastros

We live inside the loop and for most people buying there, school is not a concern. If people want to keep their kids in public schools you can apply to any HISD school you want on a space available basis. Being inside the loop you have access to some really great private schools which most people opt for. Over in your area, there is Trinity Lutheran school that goes up to 8th grade. We always thought we would never be able to afford private school but after checking on tuition costs, it's actually less than we pay now for day care.

For us anyway, location was number one--meaning we wanted the house on a quiet street without commercial buildings behind us and a sufficient yard for our dogs. We were looking at townhomes as well and something that I had to have was a private driveway so I could use my garage for other purposes and leave my vehicles parked in the driveway. If it had a shared driveway it was marked off the list. It also had to have a patch of grass somewhere that was fenced off for my dogs. They are inside dogs but I have to have a place for them to potty without being on a leash. The location also has to be far enough from the railroad tracks that my house doesn't shake. I'm over in Lazybrook north of W. 18th and I can still hear that stupid train that is further back towards I-10. I can't imagine anyone buying the townhomes over on Heights Blvd. south of I-10 across from Hickory Hollow. They are right on the tracks. Besides the noise, if that thing ever derails they are screwed.

We live inside the loop and for most people buying there, school is not a concern. If people want to keep their kids in public schools you can apply to any HISD school you want on a space available basis. Being inside the loop you have access to some really great private schools which most people opt for. Over in your area, there is Trinity Lutheran school that goes up to 8th grade. We always thought we would never be able to afford private school but after checking on tuition costs, it's actually less than we pay now for day care.

For us anyway, location was number one--meaning we wanted the house on a quiet street without commercial buildings behind us and a sufficient yard for our dogs. We were looking at townhomes as well and something that I had to have was a private driveway so I could use my garage for other purposes and leave my vehicles parked in the driveway. If it had a shared driveway it was marked off the list. It also had to have a patch of grass somewhere that was fenced off for my dogs. They are inside dogs but I have to have a place for them to potty without being on a leash. The location also has to be far enough from the railroad tracks that my house doesn't shake. I'm over in Lazybrook north of W. 18th and I can still hear that stupid train that is further back towards I-10. I can't imagine anyone buying the townhomes over on Heights Blvd. south of I-10 across from Hickory Hollow. They are right on the tracks. Besides the noise, if that thing ever derails they are screwed.

Oh my gosh - you are so right on about those townhomes across from Hickory Hollow!! That's why they are still empty...that and the fact they are going for $320K+ :wacko:

Archived