Buc-ee's Travel Center #41 - IH 10 at US 87

hindesky

• 8 months later...

A $38 million Buc-ee’s north of San Antonio that’s been expected for years could finally see some progress.

Construction on a travel center in Boerne will “hopefully” start this summer, the company told the San Antonio Express-News. 

Possible movement on the Buc-ee’s comes after a long wait. Fans of the travel center have been anticipating the arrival of a store in the Texas Hill Country since the location was first announced in 2016. 

In typical Buc-ee’s fashion, the store will be large—53,471 square feet—and have a prime location off of Interstate 10 and U.S. Business 87.

However, that desirable spot is partly what’s caused the delays. Before Buc-ee’s could start building its store, a process that typically takes about 16 months to complete, construction on an overpass at I-10 and U.S. 87 needed to be finished.

A filing with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation indicated an October 2023 start date on the Buc-ee’s, but those plans didn’t pan out. That leaves it unlikely the projected October 2024 completion date on the filing will come true. 

But plans are slowly coming to fruition. Buc-ee’s is moving in the direction of carrying out the permitting process with the city of Boerne, a city spokesperson told the Express-News.

https://www.chron.com/culture/article/bucees-boerne-texas-18671623.php

Note: when I last went to Hunt, Tx. to visit my mother I thought I saw them doing groundwork but I wasn't sure if that was the location of the new bus-ee's.