Drury Plaza Hotel - 701 University Dr. East

• 1 month later...

Interested in seeing how this might work out.

I know they've closed a couple of their Houston area hotels over the past few years, and given the development along 610, I couldn't speak to the future of that location either. It's too bad. I've always liked the brand. Not huge, but consistently clean and professional. The excuse to run and get popcorn from the dining area at random times is always kind of fun as well. Was disappointed when that plan they had for a Plaza hotel along the Riverwalk in Waco fizzled a few years back, but at least the new Baylor Arena will have an excellent presence there.

Also hopeful for it as more hotels in B/CS are always welcome, and that's a prime location. My family stayed across the street at the Homewood Suites back in March and in the Hilton about a year and a half prior. Both are good for their price points, but both are in need of renovation (the former, more specifically due to storm damage from last winter) and a new property within sight might spur that.

• Like 1