Hamric Receives Dubious Endorsements From Eversole And Lindsay

pineda

Peggy Hamric's lucky to have such good friends at the 1960 Sun newspapers!

I believe Peggy's been in office as a State Rep. District 126 (F.M. 1960 area) for about 15 years now. Try as I may, I can't seem to find any real accomplishments of hers as a legislator. The F.M. 1960 area has not improved, in fact, it's gotten much worse. What has she done to stem this tide of blight? Home values are decreasing, school ratings are worse, noise and air pollution and crime are all on the rise in her district. What has Peggy done to stop any of this? She can't even control the overabundance of billboards and illegal signs in her district. In fact, one of her own campaign signs was placed onto an abandoned Wendy's restaurant that's been neglected for years. What a comment on Peggy! Why does she now think she deserves a chance to be State Senator, when she did nothing on her watch as State Rep. to improve her own district? The only reason she picked up the endorsements from Lindsay and Eversole was because she has agreed to push forward the Grand Parkway through the Spring area, as they want to. She has never attended a single Public Meeting or Public Hearing on the matter. Do the endorsements from lame-duck Lindsay and even lamer Eversole earn her kudos or scorn? Her staff has told residents for over five years now that she's just "too busy" to attend any community meetings on this matter. How approachable do you think she'll be as State Senator if you couldn't ever reach as a State Representative? Disappointing, indeed.

peggy.jpg

Jon Lindsay throwing his weight behind Peggy Hamric.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived