Halliburton Oil Well Cementing Co. At 1711 Old Spanish Trl.

Highrise Tower

I was reading the newspaper The Southwest Citizen dated September 21, 1950 and saw an article about this. 

Obviously this fell through? Were there any renderings or drawings of this project?

Was this the black building in between the Crowne Plaza Hotel and the O'Quinn Medical Tower? This week I discovered a mid-rise black building that looked hidden (or out of place) in the medical center.  The black building was not located on OST/Old Main though.

The article states: 

Halliburton Oil Well Cementing Co. will build a $130,000 office and laboratory building on Old Spanish Trail, near the Old Main Street Road. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Halliburton Building On Old Main Street Rd. & Old Spanish Trl.
  • 1 month later...

@57Tbird mentioned this a very long time ago:

The picture was titled Main and Holcombe, but you can clearly see what remained of the Arrowheard Park race track in the upper, left portion of the photo. It was originally built for horse-racing (not sure exactly when), but became a venue for car-racing in the early 50's. I worked briefly for Halliburton Oil Well Cementing Co. in the 50's, and I remember seeing this monorail while it was on display near the HOWCO field camp, which is shown here just east of Arrowhead on OST. For reference, that's the Shamrock Hotel at the right, middle of the picture.

UlZvzyH.jpg

My question is, does anyone have further information about the Halliburton property? Any pictures, or even an address? What exactly did they do at that camp?

• The title was changed to Halliburton Oil Well Cementing Co. At 1711 Old Spanish Trl.