Jamie's Restaurant At 7525 South Main St.

houstonactor

I'm replying to a question many pages back about the burger place a couple blocks west of Montrose. That was Hamburgers by Gourmet. My cousin worked there while attending U of H. But does anyone remember Jamie's Hamburgers that were on Main near the Stables and where you raised a flag at your table for service, the menu was on a huge piece or finished wood with a kickstand that sat on your table, and you were served a free copper bowl of spicy pinto beans as an appetizer? Also did anyone ever die and go to heaven over the World's Best Enchiladas at the Richmond Drive Inn in Richmond, TX?

Edit: October 5, 1967

pamlxmz.png

• Like 1

I'm replying to a question many pages back about the burger place a couple blocks west of Montrose. That was Hamburgers by Gourmet. My cousin worked there while attending U of H. But does anyone remember Jamie's Hamburgers that were on Main near the Stables and where you raised a flag at your table for service, the menu was on a huge piece or finished wood with a kickstand that sat on your table, and you were served a free copper bowl of spicy pinto beans as an appetizer? Also did anyone ever die and go to heaven over the World's Best Enchiladas at the Richmond Drive Inn in Richmond, TX?

I remember well the beans at JAMIES, and the burgers . We mention the place every time we pass S. Main and Bareswood.

• The title was changed to Jamie's Restaurant At 7525 South Main St.