How many condo complexes have actually voted to sell out and be demolished?

How many condo complexes have actually voted to sell out and be demolished?

I'm in the market for a condo now most likely inside the Beltway.

I'm curious how many condo complexes have actually voted to sell out and be demolished?

(If you don't know my backstory I was one of the last old Westcreek residents before all the towers went up).

I only know of the one, somewhere near the West Loop and I can't recall the name right now. It was on Swamplot though (RIP :( )

If you can recall any others please post them.

What are typical % of owners required to sell out to demolish? (It seems to be quite north of 50%)

Of course, if developers offered enough - if they truly made it worth the owners' while, then bye bye, I'm not stupid and won't hold up a good deal. I'm just curious as to what has happened before.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2022 at 5:53 PM, editor said:

Is demolition the biggest concern?  More often, I've seen buildings flip to apartments without the consent of all of the owners, and the hold-outs get shafted that way. 

I know of a place that did that - https://www.galleriaoaks5151.com

If you look on HCAD it's still divided into condos, and the complex owns all but a few of them (last time I checked anyway).