You Think We Got Traffic Problems !

Looks like some folks are taking a big bite out of The Big Apple. Union workers costing the city $400 million a day ! Yeah, I thought that was a typo also, so I read it twice. The transit workers are being fined 2 days wages for every Day they strike, and the Union itself is being fined $1 million a day. This is gonna get bad. What if this happen to our fair city ? Everyone dog's Metro, but just how much do we rely on them ?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10466982/

Edited by TJones

It is especially bad in a city such as NYC where a big chunk of the cities pop. relies on public transportation. And whats worse it's in the holiday season too, when people are still shopping and trying to make some extra money for the holidays.

I too hope it is resolved before the situation escalates.

Even if New Yorkers had cars to the same degree that we do here in Houston, NYC isn't set up to accomodate such a high percentage of auto usage at one time. Even with such high percentage transit ridership, New York City's expressways and Manhattan streets are often choked with both traffic and gridlock.

Imagine if they had a normal city's transit usage? Talk about disastrous.