HandleBar At 5219 Washington Ave.

CrockpotandGravel

This thread was originally created February 23, 2017. I'm reposting / reupping this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum due to a mod removing my account and its content in "error".  An archive link  of the thread before its deletion coming soon.

Loopnet listing showing the space at 5219 Washington Ave as The Glass House:

YB1S1C6.jpg

l8pugCn.jpg

3kcsMu3.jpg

Ft17tbx.jpg

This was originally posted  February 23, 2017 in the previous thread for 5219 Washington Avenue. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Eater Houston reported that Austin-based bar, HandleBar, is opening next month at 5219 Washington Avenue. The address has a history of bars there: most recently The Glass House, Roosevelt Lounge, The Reddi Room, and more:

Yet another Austin establishment is headed to Space City

Considering the rapid pace at which Austin restaurants are opening their doors in Houston, we all probably shouldn’t be surprised if the Legislature votes to move the Capitol to Space City in the coming months. In addition to a bevy of new eateries, including Paul Qui’s Aqui, Chi’Lantro, and Dolce Neve (among others), a popular Austin bar is officially en route.

A website and Facebook page created for Handlebar Houston announce the boozy new arrival. The self-described “adult wonderland” will take over the former GlassDoor nightclub space at 5219 Washington Ave, bringing a neighborhood bar with an “old school vibe” to the area. It isn’t the bar’s first visit to Houston, either. In 2015, bartenders from the Austin outpost took over Royal Oak in celebration of mustache-themed fundraiser Movember.

Notably, Handlebar maintains that there will be no cheeky mustache decor in the new bar, but revelers can look forward to a selection of local beers, craft cocktails, games, and even a photo booth in which guests can take photos of their own mustaches. Or other things, presumably.

HandleBar Houston is set to make its debut on March 31 if all goes according to plan.

http://houston.eater.com/2017/2/23/14707756/houston-handlebar-expansion-austin

This was originally posted  December 29, 2017 in the previous thread for 5219 Washington Avenue. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Handlebar from Austin is open at 5219 Washington Ave in Houston. This opened December 21.

I have not found any clear photos of the bar, but there are photos of the remodel from Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/1840525572891323/handlebar-houston/?hl=en

• The title was changed to 5219 Washington Ave.
  • The title was changed to HandleBar At 5219 Washington Ave.