Local Real Estate Brokerages & Builders

sandrak

Well, I've made it full circle now. I was born in Houston and have just moved back to this spaghetti bowl of traffic. Thank God for navigation systems.

I was wondering if any of you have any input as to the reputations of local real estate brokerages and/or builders. I'd love to hear about your experiences, whether good or bad. I'm a licensed Realtor from Austin and I have no idea where to transfer my license to. I live in the Medical Center area and hope to work nearby. Please, if you're a broker, don't try to recruit me. I have plenty of leads now but I'd like to hear some real stories from real people.

I was very lucky to choose a reputable firm in Austin where I could sell the full range of low-high end properties, but I have no idea who Houston trusts. Also, I prefer a smaller firm rather than a big chain.

By the way, I love this forum. I'm learning so much!

Well, I've made it full circle now. I was born in Houston and have just moved back to this spaghetti bowl of traffic. Thank God for navigation systems.

I was wondering if any of you have any input as to the reputations of local real estate brokerages and/or builders. I'd love to hear about your experiences, whether good or bad. I'm a licensed Realtor from Austin and I have no idea where to transfer my license to. I live in the Medical Center area and hope to work nearby. Please, if you're a broker, don't try to recruit me. I have plenty of leads now but I'd like to hear some real stories from real people.

I was very lucky to choose a reputable firm in Austin where I could sell the full range of low-high end properties, but I have no idea who Houston trusts. Also, I prefer a smaller firm rather than a big chain.

Go to the web page HOBB.org it is a wealth of infomation. There is also TexasHomes.org.

The forum is a wonderful way to alert potiental home buyers to some of the pit falls they may encounter. You sound like you have integreity..it is a breath of fresh air.

Go to the web page HOBB.org it is a wealth of infomation. There is also TexasHomes.org.

The forum is a wonderful way to alert potiental home buyers to some of the pit falls they may encounter. You sound like you have integreity..it is a breath of fresh air.

Don't miss this month's Texas Monthly on torte reform and arbitration it is very informative.

Most of the Real Estate Brokerage firms are good. however there is one on Washington Ave that nobody seems to have many good words to say about. My personal experience with them was not good but not real bad either.

It depends on what markets you would like to work. Karen Derr is big in Montrose and Heights, John Daughtery and Martha Turner are strong in the very high end stuff. Karpas is strong in Bellaire. A lot of people are going to Keller-Williams because of the commission split program, which is a little more generous. Allison-Spear was just bought out by Prudential Gary Greene to try and improve their (Prudential's) presence in the inner-loop. Greenwood-King does a lot of high end product out of their Kirby office and also does a lot in the Heights with their office there. I am not as familiar with who the heavy hitters are in the suburbs.

• 2 months later...
It depends on what markets you would like to work. Karen Derr is big in Montrose and Heights, John Daughtery and Martha Turner are strong in the very high end stuff. Karpas is strong in Bellaire. A lot of people are going to Keller-Williams because of the commission split program, which is a little more generous. Allison-Spear was just bought out by Prudential Gary Greene to try and improve their (Prudential's) presence in the inner-loop. Greenwood-King does a lot of high end product out of their Kirby office and also does a lot in the Heights with their office there. I am not as familiar with who the heavy hitters are in the suburbs.

:o

Some agencies try to do the right thing,,some agents aren't told, then they can say they were not aware of any defects. If anyone shows you something at Hydepark or Tremont Towers, or Ccandlelight estates or knox street or [u]any foreclosures you might want to look for someone you know and trust.

Know one thing, if the deal is too good to be true, it is. Houses listed from foreclsures do not have to tell you the defects in the house! Not in Texas anyway ..SO please get a really good inspector and make sure he is an expert at roofs,flashing, water intrusions and mold. Protect yourself, hire your own inspector not one your seller suggests to you. Buyer Beware.... :wub:

:o

Some agencies try to do the right thing,,some agents aren't told, then they can say they were not aware of any defects. If anyone shows you something at Hydepark or Tremont Towers, or Ccandlelight estates or knox street or [u]any foreclosures you might want to look for someone you know and trust.

Know one thing, if the deal is too good to be true, it is. Houses listed from foreclsures do not have to tell you the defects in the house! Not in Texas anyway ..SO please get a really good inspector and make sure he is an expert at roofs,flashing, water intrusions and mold. Protect yourself, hire your own inspector not one your seller suggests to you. Buyer Beware.... :wub:

I think she's looking for a place to hang her license, not an agent to show her around.

The Metropolitan office of Keller Williams is excellent. Yes, it's a big chain and, coming from Austin, I'm sure you're well aquainted with KW. These are genuinely nice people. The support network is strong and the commission split is great. Fees are also quite low, if you're staying busy.

They focus on inner-loop, particularly the Bellaire area, Timbergrove, Tanglewood and Rice Military. Good group.