Albury Manor Information

Jason

Hello, My wife and I are considering buying a home in Albury Manor. We love the house, but have been discouraged on the area by the realtor. Someone else also engouraged to drive by the property at night, and did, but are not quite sure what the problem was. We are concerned about the fact that 6 of 45 houses are for sale in the neighborhood, but feel that Tomball is a growing area. Also, 5 of those houses are for sale by Hendricks Interest, who was the original developer of the neighborhood. Also, the tax assesments for the area has gone down in 2005, which seems to be the opposite from the rest of harris county. Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Jason Small

We love the house, but have been discouraged on the area by the realtor.

What areas of town IS your realtor pushing you towards?

What specific reasons is your realtor giving you for her not liking the area?

I know that traffic is the area is an issue, also the middle and high schools are quite far away.

The homes in that neighborhood though are beautiful and crime doesn't seem to be an issue.

I would be concerned about the industrial areas surrounding Albury Manor, as you will be contending with lots of dump trucks and other big trucks driving along residential streets.

I'm sure you know already that although the homes are in Tomball, that Albury Manor is zoned to Klein schools. If that's one reason you like the area, perhaps you'd be better off looking at other areas also zoned to Klein, like Northampton or Windrose or Gleanloch Farms or Memorial Northwest, all of which have a lot of community amenities.

Also, I think Waldenwood off 2920 looks a lot like Albury Manor, if that's what you really like. I would take into consideration where your volunteer fire stations are located, since most of the homes listed for Albury Manor are stick frames and structures.

Edited by pineda

Hendricks Interests website

Barclay Hendricks may be selling off everything in Albury Manor that he owns because he is big-time busy lately developing a rather large subdivision that backs up to Enchanted Oaks. I think it's called Lakes of Cypress. He also developed Normandy Forest, which is okay, but no real community amenities, but it is really close to Kreinhop Elementary, Schindewolf Intermediate and Klein Collins High School, all brand-new schools within the last two-three years. Lots of other nice subdivisions near that area, like Bainbridge Estates, Cypresswood, Enchanted Oaks, and a bunch of things with the word Louetta in them.

Our realtor hasn't offered any alternatives we have been excited about, we really like Albury Manor, and want the acreage. The realtor has no specifics on why not to buy there, so we are looking for some information to help us make a good decision.

Thanks

If the schools are good, you like the architecture, (from what I remember they were Victorian style homes - but it has been years since I have been in there), you have driven the area day and night and it appears fine, then I would go with your gut instinct and get the neighborhood you like. Homes on large lots like that are a rarity, and I doubt there will be many more developments with that feature going in around there with the rising land costs. I would think the acreage factor would make it more unique in the market place for future resale.

The only real caveat I can think of is double check where Pineda's favorite Grand Parkway is proposed to go through. I thought it was proposed to run along Boudreaux Road just sought of Albury Manor. (What is the lastest on that Pineda?) The alignment of Grand Parkway could negatively impact that community. The only other negative that comes to mind is when you are dealing with those 80's era Victorian reproductions, you have a lot more painting to keep up with, & replacing rotten wood here and there would probably be a constant maintenance issue.

It could be the Realtor is just projecting his or her personal tastes into the equation, and the rural feel doesn't appeal to them. I remember it from when it was still pretty new. Correct me if my memory is wrong, but weren't most of the homes in there pretty individual? I seem to remember that while it was reproductions and could be decried as "fake victorians" by some, it was considerably less cookie cutter than most neighborhoods in the Champions/Tomball/Klein/Spring area.

Edited by rps324

I'm sure you know already that although the homes are in Tomball, that Albury Manor is zoned to Klein schools. If that's one reason you like the area, perhaps you'd be better off looking at other areas also zoned to Klein, like Northampton or Windrose or Gleanloch Farms or Memorial Northwest, all of which have a lot of community amenities.

AFAIK they merely have a Tomball address. Google Earth shows all of Tomball in TISD, with parts bordering but not in KISD.

AFAIK they merely have a Tomball address. Google Earth shows all of Tomball in TISD, with parts bordering but not in KISD.
Right, the homes may be in Tomball, but they're zoned to Klein ISD schools, Kohrville, Hildebrandt and Klein Oak.

Also, if you like Albury Manor, you'd love Waldenwood...

Edited by pineda