Go Texan Day -Or- Lucky Tourists

samagon

So one of the perks I get through work is the building is in the Chase tower, and we have to transfer on the 60th floor observation deck.

I get to ride to and from lunch with all sorts of tourists. From local residents who've never been, to people who are visiting Houston from out of town.

It's the latter I'm thinking of right now. At lunch I was riding back up to my office and was standing in the elevator with a group of people speaking Chinese. Now, in my head I am imagining that these people had decided to visit Houston on whirlwind tour of the USA and were only spending one day in town before moving on to New Orleans, or whatever you would have be next on a whirlwind tour of the USA.

I'm imagining these people seeing 1/4 of the executive and other workforce in Houston dressed as cowboys and cowgirls. They will travel home and tell their friends and family how people dress in Houston.

What I am also thinking is how awesome it would be if they unknowingly decided to stay in Houston overnight, at one of the downtown hotels. So all day Friday they are assaulted with visuals of cowboys going to work in the big swanky buildings, cause that's just how we do. Then, on Saturday, as they are getting up and going out for breakfast, they see an endless parade of horses through the middle of downtown.

Imagine the stories! hahahaha. I went to Houston, not only do they dress exactly like they do in those western movies, but they ride horses right through the middle of town!!!

okay, so yeah, I have an active imagination, but it could totally happen.

• The title was changed to Go Texan Day -Or- Lucky Tourists

Archived