Federal City

I can do better than just a plain rendering.  How about a video presentation?

http://www.supportourmilitary.org/site14.php

That's fantastic; how do you keep abreast of all these projects in NO? Or are you just good at Googling?

Fed City is a fantastic idea and one which i think will not only maintain the military presence in NO (and probably increase it), but also jumpstart the riverfront development planning. I know that the City Planning Commission in NO is getting geared up to restart the whole process to try and mitigate a lot of the concerns (however founded) residents have had with the previous recommendations--especially the height requirements for the Faubourg and Bywater... I personally hope that all of the new proposals for the riverfront bring density back to the riverfront along all of Orleans Parish--the NOCCA expansion/amphitheater, redevelopment of the NSA, RiverSphere, Convention Center expansion, Entergy Powerplant BEDI site, Trust for Public Land parks, St. Thomas redevelopment, etc., not to mention all of the others waiting in the wings...

JWR--know anything about these other projects (besides those on which you've already posted?)...

Thanks again.

Archived