Adding Entrance/exit On Katy Tollway.

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

TxDot is building a tollway in the midle of the new Katy Freeway. It will be like anyother tollway except it's more an express lane.

Works just like the HOV lane except anyone can ride for a fee. There are only entrances and exits at major intersections like 610,Beltway 8 and HWY 6. Most of those ar e good except for betwen 610 and The Belt.

There are alot of miles between 610 and The Belt. Going inbetween those access points with none inbetween is a long drive. I know there's no major roads inbetween but doo yu think they can put aset of entrance/exit ramps inbetween 610 and Beltway 8?

Toll Descriptio page with Maps

I don't think there should be any between the Belt and I-610. The toll-lanes are primarily for people living outside the belt. They are going to pay to use the facility. The toll portion will end once inside the loop.

Also, I-10 will be 4 lanes in each direction under I-610 unlike the current configuration of 3 in and 2 out. One of the major backups in each direction on I-10 will be removed and be for free to drive.

Because the project to expand I-10 extends only as far east as Washington. The section between downtown and the West Loop has never suffered from the traffic backups that the narrower, more poorly designed freeway west of the Loop has always had. The section of the Katy Freeway between downtown and the Loop was rebuilt in the late 1990s and is in very good condition. The main backup it experiences during the afternoon rush hour is before the West Loop, where the freeway narrows to only two lanes going through the interchange, and this problem won't exist after the freeway expansion project is completed.