Bungalow Renovation Companies And Permitting

I've read a lot on this forum about the difficulty of gaining HOA and City approval for renovation permission.  Are certain contractors better known for navigating this process for clients?  If so, who?

The city knows which contractors follow the rules and which ones get red tagged.  No one likes hassles at work and city employees are the same so they are much more likely to be friendly towards the guys who don't give them any trouble.

Contrary to popular opinion, I don't believe that city employees enjoy being an obstruction to anyone's project.  I believe that they're mindless bureaucrats who try to get through the day by blindly following the rules even when the rules don't make sense.  But to be fair, they didn't write the rules and they probably have very little discretion.

We had a very personal case of this last year when we were doing a plumbing project at a property we were converting from commercial to residential.  Initially our plan was turned down because it didn't meet all of the commercial standards and our contractor didn't know what to do.  Enter my wife who is an attorney who specializes in helping companies file their governmental regulatory reports and paperwork so she's an expert in dealing with bureaucrats.  She went down to the permit office herself professionally dressed with a smile on her face and a patient attitude, she pointed out the relevant section of the code that allowed what we were trying to do and the person at the city signed off on everything on the spot.  They just needed to see that everything was in order.

As to your question about a bugalow renovation, I highly recommend Bungalow Revival.  We chose them to do an addition to our own house in the Heights and couldn't be happier.  Great design, quality construction and not a hint of a problem with the city.

• The title was changed to Bungalow Renovation Companies And Permitting

Archived