July 22-25 Katy Freeway Closures

Below is a list of the upcoming closures associated with the Katy Freeway Reconstruction Program as of July 22, 2005.

CONTRACT A (HARRIS-FORT BEND COUNTY LINE to SH 99) CLOSURES

. The I-10/KATY FREEWAY WESTBOUND U-TURN to the eastbound frontage Road at SH-99/GRAND PARKWAY will be closed on Monday, July 25 from 7 AM to 5 PM.

. Alternate lanes of KATY FORT BEND northbound and southbound at I-10/KATY FREEWAY will be closed Saturday, July 23 from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM and Monday, July 25 from 7 AM to 5 PM.

CONTRACT B (SH 99 to SH 6) CLOSURES

. Alternate lanes of MASON ROAD northbound at I-10/KATY FREEWAY will be closed overnight from 9 PM, Friday, July 22 to 5 AM, Saturday, July 23.

CONTRACT C1 (SH 6 to DAIRY ASHFORD) CLOSURES

. Alternate lanes of Eldridge northbound and southbound will be closed daily (Excluding Sunday(s)) from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Saturday, July 23 to Monday, July 25.

CONTRACT D (I-10/BELTWAY 8 INTERCHANGE) CLOSURES

. The inside lane of the I-10/KATY FREEWAY frontage road between Beltway 8 and GESSNER, plus the I-10 eastbound entrance and exit ramps just before GESSNER, will be closed from 9 PM, Friday, July 22 until 5 AM, Saturday, July 23.

CONTRACTS E1 & E2 (BETWEEN BELTWAY 8 AND I-610) CLOSURES

. There will be a total closure the I-10/KATY FREEWAY westbound frontage road from CAMPBELL RD to BUNKER HILL and the BLALOCK exit ramp from 9 PM, Friday, July 22 to 5 AM, Saturday, July 23. Detour to the Old Katy Road.

. Northbound and southbound BUNKER HILL will be closed nightly 9 PM to 5 AM to 3 PM from Monday, July 25 to Thursday, July 28. Southbound detour to Old Katy Road westbound to Gessner U-turn to eastbound frontage road to Bunker Hill southbound; northbound detour to the eastbound frontage road to Blalock U-turn to Old Katy Road westbound to Bunker Hill northbound

CONTRACT F (I-10/I-610 INTERCHANGE) CLOSURES

. The I-10/KATY FREEWAY eastbound direct connector ramps to I-610/WEST LOOP northbound and southbound will be closed from 9 PM, Friday, July 22 to 3 PM, Saturday, July 23. Detour to I-10 eastbound to exit Washington and u-turn to reenter the freeway westbound to access the direct connectors to I-610 north- and southbound.

. The inside lane of I-610/WEST LOOP northbound and southbound between POST OAK and I-10/KATY FREEWAY will be closed nightly from 9 PM until 5 AM through Monday, August 1.

. The outside lane of the I-610/West Loop northbound frontage Road from POST OAK RD to BUFFALO BAYOU will be closed continuously from 9 AM, Monday, July 25 to 3 PM, Tuesday, August 16.

. The inside lane of POST OAK eastbound at I-610/WEST LOOP will be closed continuously from 9 AM, Monday, July 25 to 3 PM, Tuesday, August 16.

A Glimpse At Next Weekend's Work...

CONTRACT D (I-10/Beltway 8 Interchange) CLOSURES

. The I-10/Beltway 8 contractor anticipates performing a major traffic switch next Friday, July 29 between east of Beltway 8 to west of Wilcrest to transition traffic onto the new westbound mainlanes of I-10/KATY FREEWAY. More details regarding the lanes closures and traffic impacts will be released on next week.

Please note that all closures are subject to change due to inclement weather. For more information on the Katy Freeway Reconstruction Program including up to date information regarding other lane closures along the I-10 corridor, please visit the Katy Freeway website at www.katyfreeway.org

I get these about three times a week. Just sign up on www.katyfreeway.org and they'll send them to you. They also notifiy you when the opend the lanes up early or won't close them at all for various reasons such as weather.

I drove out to Katy (proper) this weekend and it seems like the progress outside the beltway is moving quite fast. Even inside the belway the westbout bridges are being built extremely fast.