Question for the board. Looking to do a time lapse project of the city

chuckdee

Hotel Zaza or Hilton Americas?  I think those offer the most open space around them to view a majority of the skyline?  Maybe a parking garage roof would work better?

You may wish to explain in a little more detail what it is you are trying to do.

Good luck.

I'm going to do about a 15 hour time lapse photo shoot of the city, major buildings etc. for a Houston client.  I want it to be the best representive of Houston.  Traffic movement, etc is good.  I'll be firing once every 15-20 seconds, with remote of course.  Outside is out of the question because of the elements.  Cost for Hotel room with best view is not a problem.

Edited by chuckdee

If I were you, I'd find some condos for sale and approach the Realtor/owner to see if you can pay to hang out. Heck, it may even help sell the place "Oh, never mind that photographer over there, he's just filming from here today since it has the most incredible view of the city."

An example would be the condos in Midtown @ 2016 Main. I've seen views from both sides and they are awesome of either Downtown (w/ traffic along Pierce elevated below), and towards Med Center to Galleria on the other. They also have covered balconies so you could get a shot outside w/out having to worry too much about the elements. 

For example, this unit to the Galleria (third picture): http://search.har.com/engine/2016-Main-Street-Houston-TX-77002_HAR86156440.htm

Downtown example would be something like this unit: http://search.har.com/engine/2016-Main-Houston-TX-77002_HAR64488417.htm

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...