Homes Along Strang Rd. At Sen's Rd. At Brinson Point Murder Case?

Cemeterywolf

Looking for info on homes that were located along Strang Road at Sen's Road near Brinson Point and Du Pont Plant.

Pictures or maps showing homes. There was a murder case about a man who killed his family in one of these homes, it had a large pool.

I think this happened in the 1980's? I remember going to this spot when I was younger and walking through the woods pass the old pool covered in green slim and the empty house in which the so called murders happened. This may have been a urban legend? Been almost 30 years so I am not sure?

Need some great minds on this one..................

I grew up there. I have never heard any stories about people being murdered. In the 80's most of the houses had been bulldozed.  There was one we called the green house that did not have a pool, put had an actual green house and a guest house.  The one with the pool was part of a larger neighborhood. Du Pont came in and bought most of the property as having the houses there were a liability, being so close to the plant, but we were holdouts.  Most of them got bulldozed but for whatever reason they did not doze the one with the pool, and they didn't buy the green house and that property until some time more recently, and that was after the house burned down.  We left in 1998 and moved across the highway, but our one neighbor is still out there and I can ask him is he ever heard anything. I can also ask my mom and brother. Those woods were where I grew up and kept me entertained as there were no kids left in my day, so its fun anyone even knows about the area at all.  In the late 80's  Du Pont came in and filled in the pools and tore everything that was still standing down. There is also some tennis courts still in there and you can still see the brick outlines of the pools.

If you have any questions, I can happily try to answer them or find someone else who can.

• Like 1

I just asked my mom about it.  The house with the pool was owned by a doctor as a summer home. He was not there for large parts of the year, and I remember hearing that while he was gone many people would sneak in and use the pool. My mom and I used to go to the bottle dump, it was on the property with the green house, which bordered the house with the pool. She said that back when sylvan beach was popular for tourists (1900-ish), this house was a whore house and that is why all the trash and bottles were there.  We found some cool ones.

I will ask some more people about your urban legend.  The woods were pretty scary sometimes, so it is probably better I never heard that one or I would have psyched myself out!  The legend I always heard and the people who were still there when I lived there was of a young girl who was mentally disabled who drowned in the bay.  The story was that she haunted the area and there was always sightings and happenings related to that, but her home was supposedly farther east by the plant where Du Pont's boat dock is now.

• The title was changed to Homes Along Strang Rd. At Sen's Rd. At Brinson Point Murder Case?