Need Civil Engineer for culvert plan for our home

I'm trying to find a civil engineer who could vet and finalize a plan for a longer than standard culvert for a single family semi-rural residential property. My husband & I need to improve access to our home acreage over a deep ditch within the city of Houston. The road is narrow and we are moving agricultural equipment around; the current accesses over the ditch are old and falling apart, and it is difficult to get service vehicles in for our well and septic systems.

We have been working with a experienced construction company and have drawn up the plans and budget for a 55' culvert (no driveway) that will allow a safe turning radius between the road and our property. However, Houston traffic permits said that they can only approve culverts 35' or less; anything greater and we would need a civil engineer to design and draw up the plans. The construction company does not have an engineer on staff, and suggested we look for assistance.

We have been turned down by 2 civil engineering companies so far; this non-commercial project is too small for them.

Any ideas on finding a PE who would be interested in doing this? Rough ideas of what the design/drawings would cost, given that we have construction drawings to start from?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived