Photographic Forum

ricco67

I figure I'd start a new topic on Photography since it gets brought up occasionally and derails a topic a bit.

My time is limited so I don't want to head to another forum blog and much rather talk to those of you that share the same interest in Architecture and Houston as a whole.

On this topic I hope to discuss photographic locations/opportunities, equipment, lens selections, and maybe even a photo walk if there is enough of an interest.

Currently, I own an Sony a55 with the following lenses:

28mm 2.8

50mm 1.4

18-85mm 3.5-5.6

70-300mm 5.6

some other novelty lenses.

I think you might get a better response if you asked more specific questions in separate threads so that people can respond to them.

But since you brought up the Sony Alpha line, how do you like it?  I jumped from Sony to Canon just before the Alphas came out, so I didn't get a chance to use them.  

It's my understanding that the Alphas are the result of Sony's purchase of Minolta.  Do you get the sense that the gear is mostly Sony, mostly Minolta, or that a balance has been struck?

Thanks ed!

I have been very pleased with my humble Sony.

Two of my lenses are actually minolta branded and I have saved quite a few bucks by buying the older lenses.

One of the benefits of the steady shot contained in the body instead of the lens.