Houston 2 Point Gas Station (Beaumont Highway)

houstonnative47

My uncle ran the 2 Point Gas Station Beaumont Highway. My grandpa & daddy worked there.  This was a famous intersection on Beaumont Highway & lots of country western bands & rock bands stopped there for gas. My dad had great ''famous stories'' he would tell me when I was a child. My dad has been dead for 13 yrs now. My mom is 73 & this is where she met my daddy when he worked there in his late teens early twenties. I wanted to make her a scrapbook & include this special place for both of them in it.

I was wondering if anyone would happen to have any pictures they could share long shot I know. :huh:  Thank you very much for sharing any information you have about 2 Point Gas station. :D

I wonder if the intersection would have been further east like around Beaumont Highway and Sheldon Road, not far from the old Magnolia Gardens where all the big time acts played. I remember Glen Campbell talking about playing the honky tonks and roadhouses along highway 90 back in the 1950s and early 1960s.

The roadhouses that dotted the Beaumont Highway generally were located outside of the Houston city limits so they could keep Johnny Law away from their gambling and prostitution rackets. Periodically, the Sheriff would raid them in anti-vice pushes, then things would settle down and get back to normal