Monday walk Downtown

ricco67

I took the day off and took some time to try out the new camera during the day. Seeing the results, I seem to have better luck at night then I do during the day...ohwell:

This is a shot looking north towards the North line. In the second picture, you can see I cropped it a bit more and you can see how much work they're doing. Like I said in a previous post, I can't believe how massive this elevated portion is! I wish I had a zoom lens, but I hope to get one in a few weeks.

th_DSC04491.jpg

th_DSC04490B.jpg

This is the view from ground level looking south.

th_DSC04526.jpg

This is looking straight north. You can see the pilings and the new ones that are still being put up.

th_DSC04519.jpg

These are the new lights that were discussed over at the Discovery thread. They lit it back up, but seemed to have changed the types of lighting. Makes me wonder if those generators are ever going to go back up.

th_DSC04875.jpg

A look down Capital street. As you can see there is a bit of construction going on there. I'm curious to see how they're going to put down the rails.

th_DSC04868.jpg

Hess Tower at night. Purty.

th_DSC04867.jpg

The new Jury facility. I have yet to be down there, but I'm sure it's a kinder gentler version of Hell. :)

th_DSC04478.jpg

th_DSC04431.jpg

th_DSC04416.jpg

th_DSC04412.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics. Out of the 500 pics I took that day, these were really among the only keepers I can really share. :(

I took the day off and took some time to try out the new camera during the day. Seeing the results, I seem to have better luck at night then I do during the day...ohwell:

This is a shot looking north towards the North line. In the second picture, you can see I cropped it a bit more and you can see how much work they're doing. Like I said in a previous post, I can't believe how massive this elevated portion is! I wish I had a zoom lens, but I hope to get one in a few weeks.

th_DSC04491.jpg

th_DSC04490B.jpg

This is the view from ground level looking south.

th_DSC04526.jpg

This is looking straight north. You can see the pilings and the new ones that are still being put up.

Thanks for the foto share. As I found out walking back home last Thusday night, Main street is now completely closed off. Good, that I know alternative ways back to my casa. (feeder road and up) This work looks as if it will be going on for a long time to come. My friends and I have avoided Main from this point to I-45 for over a year so far. :-(

th_DSC04519.jpg

These are the new lights that were discussed over at the Discovery thread. They lit it back up, but seemed to have changed the types of lighting. Makes me wonder if those generators are ever going to go back up.

th_DSC04875.jpg

A look down Capital street. As you can see there is a bit of construction going on there. I'm curious to see how they're going to put down the rails.

th_DSC04868.jpg

Hess Tower at night. Purty.

th_DSC04867.jpg

The new Jury facility. I have yet to be down there, but I'm sure it's a kinder gentler version of Hell. :)

th_DSC04478.jpg

th_DSC04431.jpg

th_DSC04416.jpg

th_DSC04412.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics. Out of the 500 pics I took that day, these were really among the only keepers I can really share. :(