2001 A Space Odyssey

readam

Have been reading about and re watching 2001: A Space Odyssey. Does anyone know where I can find reviews of the film from the Chronicle or the Post from back in the Summer of 1968. I think the old Houston Press was out of business by then. Is microfilm at the Library my only shot or is there anything on the net? Any help or tips would be great :rolleyes:

Have been reading about and re watching 2001: A Space Odyssey. Does anyone know where I can find reviews of the film from the Chronicle or the Post from back in the Summer of 1968. I think the old Houston Press was out of business by then. Is microfilm at the Library my only shot or is there anything on the net? Any help or tips would be great :rolleyes:

I think the library microfilm files are the only place you're going to find local reviews of 2001. The Chronicle's online archives don't go that far back, and they've never posted the Houston Post archives online. Happy hunting. It's fun digging through microfilm files. Really.

I think the library microfilm files are the only place you're going to find local reviews of 2001. The Chronicle's online archives don't go that far back, and they've never posted the Houston Post archives online. Happy hunting. It's fun digging through microfilm files. Really.

Thanks I thought that would be my only alternative. I tried Jeff Millar's name on Google but that didn't help . Any info on Carl Mann and/ or Art Casper (Mann with Channel 2 and both with UH Basketball in the 60sl ) and their whereabouts/past years? I can usually depend on you Filio for much info on Houston Old Time Media info

Thanks I thought that would be my only alternative. I tried Jeff Millar's name on Google but that didn't help . Any info on Carl Mann and/ or Art Casper (Mann with Channel 2 and both with UH Basketball in the 60sl ) and their whereabouts/past years? I can usually depend on you Filio for much info on Houston Old Time Media info

Here's what Art Casper did when he got out of commmercial TV in the early 60s.

Art (BJ '54) and Susan Casper

Casper Creative Consulting, Houston, Texas

"After brief stints in broadcast and newspaper journalism and military service, Art Casper opened his namesake agency in Houston in 1963 with no clients. Within two years, Art Casper & Associates was billing approximately $250,000.

After selling and repurchasing his agency, now named Winius-Brandon, Casper and his staff grew the office to become the largest independent agency in Houston, with capitalized billings of more than $35 million and a staff of 56. He retired in 1995. Casper was also the producer and play-by-play announcer for University of Houston basketball for 28 years, including the broadcast of five Final Fours."

Here's a link to a website at the University of Missouri, and if you scroll down a bit you'll find a photo of Art and his wife Susan.

http://journalism.missouri.edu/news/2007/03-27-strategic-summit.html

I am almost certain that I read Art Casper's obit in the Houston Chronicle sometime in the past several years, but i can't find it in the Chronicle obit archives.

Archived