Please help with my HCAD protest.

I live in Hedwig Village (Memorial Villages) on a ½ acre+ lot. The neighborhood has been redeveloping over the past 10 years with the older ranch homes being torn down and replaced with 5k-7k sf homes worth 1.5-3 million. My house is one of three remaining original homes on my street. The other two are classified as Economic Mis-Improvement with ridiculously low appraisals on the improvements… (All the land values are still outrageous… $30 per sq ft).

I had my hearing with the appraisal review board this week, and I tried to get my property re-classified to Economic Mis-Improvement (EM). The ARB reduced my appraisal by 20K (1.5%) based on pictures of flaws with my house. I had expectations of a much larger reduction.

My neighbor (whose house is EM) did a major remodel in 2008, but somehow HCAD was never notified. I had pictures comparing his kitchen and my kitchen, and they are basically the same. New cabinets, Granite, Stainless appliances, tile, etc.

There is no doubt my house will be bulldozed when I sell it. By all definitions, it should be classified as EM, but the partial remodel is preventing HCAD from making the change.

Before I commit to Binding Arbitration, I have a question:

Is anyone aware of a property in Harris County that had a partial remodel (that HCAD knows about), and was re-classified to Economic Mis-improvement?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is anyone aware of a property in Harris County that had a partial remodel (that HCAD knows about), and was re-classified to Economic Mis-improvement?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This (http://pdata.hcad.org/download/index.html) is HCAD's web portal for public data. With a little knowledge of Access, you can assemble the entire tax roll of Harris County to perform your search. Good luck.

This (http://pdata.hcad.or...load/index.html) is HCAD's web portal for public data. With a little knowledge of Access, you can assemble the entire tax roll of Harris County to perform your search. Good luck.

Thanks TheNiche for the link.

That is an ecellent resource. Unfortunately my Access skills are a little rusty and I need to link myultiple files to find what what I looking for.

Guess I need to find a neighborhood ten year old to help me build the database. LOL