New Texas Eminent Domain Law

editor

The legislation, Senate Bill 18, was one of Gov. Perry's so-called emergency initiatives for the current legislative session, which ends May 30. It strengthens a property owner's right to defend against eminent domain from government agencies and private entities. Both the United States and Texas constitutions prohibit taking private property without just compensation.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2011/05/23/eminent-domain-bill-becomes-law-in-texas.html

Thank you Rep Garnet Coleman for your work on this legislation. I'm sorry for the nice people in Houston's Central City Neighborhood subdivision which had many properties unjustly taken by the self-serving executives of Texas Medical Center, Inc. The TMC parking garage, concommitant light pollution, extraneous noise, and speeding TMC cut through traffic unfortunately caused CHF for this nice inner loop area.

Thank you Rep Garnet Coleman for your work on this legislation. I'm sorry for the nice people in Houston's Central City Neighborhood subdivision which had many properties unjustly taken by the self-serving executives of Texas Medical Center, Inc. The TMC parking garage, concommitant light pollution, extraneous noise, and speeding TMC cut through traffic unfortunately caused CHF for this nice inner loop area.

Home values in Central City have more than doubled since 2004. Doesn't seem to be a problem affecting marketability.

My theory based upon this and other policies he supports is that Rep. Coleman hates it when his constituents become wealthier.