Do they make Townhomes with...

master bedrooms at the 1st floor? Also, are there any non-stucco townhomes? I prefer brick with hardy plank. The maintenance on stucco must be a pain. Also, i hate townhomes grouped together that a person has to share the same driveway with their neighbors and the driveway being so narrow. It must suck getting out at times.

Depends on how you define "townhome", but they do make newer homes that fit that criteria. The master on 1st floor won't be very common at all. Open floor plans in skinny houses make that pretty hard. I've seen ones with a bedroom downstairs that I wouldn't call the master, but only in the ones that you park in your house (I hate those).

Depends on how you define "townhome", but they do make newer homes that fit that criteria. The master on 1st floor won't be very common at all. Open floor plans in skinny houses make that pretty hard. I've seen ones with a bedroom downstairs that I wouldn't call the master, but only in the ones that you park in your house (I hate those).

so the 2nd and 3rd floor are usually much wider than to accomodate the size of master bdrm? is it better to look for a patio home then?also, what about the washer and dryer connections? are they located on the 1st floor or 2nd floor? do u know which particular builders of townhomes or patio homes that have master bdrms on the 1st floor? also a freestanding one. thanks again.

Edited by sifuwong