HAIF:deals

editor

Today I'm happy to announce a new venture here on HAIF:

post-1-0-73080300-1304717755_thumb.png

(It's pronounced "HAIF deals")

What is HAIF:deals?

HAIF:deals is a way for HAIF readers like you to save money of stuff you need and want by leveraging the power of HAIF's 67,000 monthly readers.

How big are the deals?

Each deal varies in value, but often the savings are at least 40%. We've seen some deals for as much as 88% off. Typical deals are for restaurants, movies, spas, children's activities, and more.

How do I get a deal?

Just visit the HAIF:deals web page, and click on the buy button. Once you enter your billing information, you'll receive a coupon via e-mail, usually in just a few minutes.

Unlike other "group buying" programs, HAIF:deals are real. There is no minimum number of people who have to buy in before a deal becomes "live," so you won't go through the bother of signing up for a coupon only to find out later that the deal is off.

But if you see a deal you like, be sure to jump on it quickly. The deals often sell out quickly.

Where do the deals come from?

HAIF:deals is powered by LivingSocial, the second-largest group buying web site on the internet. By purchasing your deal through HAIF, a portion of the money you spend goes to help support HAIF.

I think I speak for every other cheap bastard in saying that this is a great idea. I agree that it would be awesome if things were not sold out, but it's probably my fault for not prioritizing HAIF over work and family.

Great idea! They just need to not be sold out.

Yeah, that's kind of disappointing. When I was working on integrating it into HAIF, they were available but then they started selling out. Sadly, the deals are not HAIF-exclusive, but if there's any business owners out there who want to do a HAIF-only deal, let me know!

I think I speak for every other cheap bastard in saying that this is a great idea. I agree that it would be awesome if things were not sold out, but it's probably my fault for not prioritizing HAIF over work and family.

I've bought six or seven of these things over the last year. Mostly salon coupons for my wife. I'm not much on using coupons at restaurants, but my wife's haircuts are expensive, and so whenever one of these coupons pops up, I grab it.

I'm surprised to see the Houston deals sell out so quickly. The other cities I monitor (Chicago, Seattle, Bellevue) rarely sell out. I think it must mean that the deals are pretty good, if they're in such demand.

Unfortunately, the next batch of deals doesn't come until Monday morning (around 5:00am).

Archived