Metropole Hotel At 1605 Preston St.

Morgan

• 3 weeks later...

Strange, but I was looking for details on this place just this afternoon and stumbled across this thread.

There was, very briefly, a nice nightclub in the basement. They had live music here briefly and it was kind of a hipster gathering point. IIRC, it closed in 2001. Are you sure on the 1998 demo date? Because I saw a show at The Metropole as late as 2000 (The Gloria Record). I moved back for college in '99 and wasn't 21 yet when I actually went. I remember because they started being 21+ and I couldn't go back before it was closed.

Strange, but I was looking for details on this place just this afternoon and stumbled across this thread.

There was, very briefly, a nice nightclub in the basement. They had live music here briefly and it was kind of a hipster gathering point. IIRC, it closed in 2001. Are you sure on the 1998 demo date? Because I saw a show at The Metropole as late as 2000 (The Gloria Record). I moved back for college in '99 and wasn't 21 yet when I actually went. I remember because they started being 21+ and I couldn't go back before it was closed.

I got this information from Houston Lost and Unbuilt by Steven R Strom, page 66. I have found some discrepancies in his descriptions and this could be one of them.

• The title was changed to Metropole Hotel At 1605 Preston St.