Neighborhood Question

Bas

Hi Everybody:

Can anyone gives me an honest evaluation (tell it as it is) about “Fountainhead” subdivision and the area in general? If you don’t know this specific subdivision, the area is off of Veterans Memorial Dr and 1960 West.

I really appreciate any help.

fountainhead is kind of an entry-level neighborhood for the champions area. A cut above the 3-2-2 tract home subdivisions, but below places like Champions, Greenwood, etc.

On the plus side, it is in Klein, which is more popular than the Spring School district. Olde Oaks, Oak Creek, Ponderosa, etc are all suffering from people preferring Klein over Spring, although the proposed constructionn of another High School in Spring may change all that.

There are some out there that think you should be north of 1960, although I think that would be more the case east of Veterans myself.

I did hear the police give a presentation once that the areas south on Veterans from Bammel North Houston had heavy gang activity. It is pretty unattractive to boot.

IMO if you are getting a really good deal, like below $125,000, then it is an okay neighborhood that is kind of on the cusp between Champions and the less desirable areas to the south.

If it is much more than that dollar wise, I personally would prefer to be in Greenwood Forest, or jump north to Wimbledon or Memorial Northwest or something like that for the same price range.

fountainhead is kind of an entry-level neighborhood for the champions area.  A cut above the 3-2-2 tract home subdivisions, but below places like Champions, Greenwood, etc.

On the plus side, it is in Klein, which is more popular than the Spring School district.  Olde Oaks, Oak Creek, Ponderosa, etc are all suffering from people preferring Klein over Spring, although the proposed constructionn of another High School in Spring may change all that.

There are some out there that think you should be north of 1960, although I think that would be more the case east of Veterans myself.

I did hear the police give a presentation once that the areas south on Veterans from Bammel North Houston had heavy gang activity.  It is pretty unattractive to boot. 

IMO if you are getting a really good deal, like below $125,000, then it is an okay neighborhood that is kind of on the cusp between Champions and the less desirable areas to the south.

If it is much more than that dollar wise, I personally would prefer to be in Greenwood Forest, or jump north to Wimbledon or Memorial Northwest or something like that for the same price range.

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately since I am not a Houston resident yet I don’t know the other neighborhood you are comparing in to. So, do you think the area is not safe?

You talked about east vs west of Veterans. How about right west of it? From your post I kinda had the impression that it is not fancy or extra rich neighborhood but not too bad. Is that a fair assessment? At least it’s not ghetto, right??

You may be confusing directions, south is where it goes downhill. It is pretty bad. Fountainhead should be reasonably safe though. To the West it is adjacent to Greenwood Forest. Take Champion Forest south from 1960 to check it out. Wimbledon is north on Veterans past Cypresswood Drive. Memorial Northwest is along Champion Forest Drive from Louetta to Spring Cypress. I still think the most desirable neighborhoods out there, and usually a little more expensive, are Champions proper, and Huntwick. Champions is the oldest and has a little more character than most of the neighborhoods out there.