80's fiX Houston at Rich's June 18th

anyone going to be at Rich's June 18th for 80's fiX?

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=113402715337863

........pasted from the invite...........

Morton, Snow, DeGrace…we’re baaaack!…same line-up as

October 2009’s 80’s Reunion: Part 2 party…

this time hosted by Houston’s landmark nightclub RICH’s!

In the 80’s we DJ’d just about everywhere worth a damn- including NRG (brainchild of John “the Godfather” Hanley…anyone remember closing NRG at 9AM followed by a pilgrimage to RICH’s for dancing ‘til noon?), 6400 (Mike Snow LIVE on the radio!), XCESS (loud, dark, and industrial), NUMBERS (eternal), MECCA (Wednesdays were scandalous), POWERTOOLS/ PTL CLUB (aka PowerToolsLive-hosted by John “No Ma'am” Beeman), OCEAN CLUB, LIZARD LOUNGE (much respect to creator Don Nedler and Edwin “HOUSTON SCENE” Dean host of “Black Thursdays”), HOMAGE, THERAPY (if you can remember Therapy, you weren’t there…)

RICH’s opened its doors back in 1983, is still going strong, and has continually evolved with upgrades to their space, sound, and lighting, making it one of the most technologically advanced mega clubs in the nation. We’ll be spinning a mix of 80’s underground club faves on the main floor and ALL INDUSTRIAL tracks upstairs on the “Red Room’s” banging sound system (Skinny Puppy, Revolting Cocks, Ministry…bring your night-vision glasses for this room…it will be DARK). RICH’s features a full service bar on the patio and plenty of A/C inside. Let’s make some new memories in place of those brain cells we killed back in the day…SEE YOU THERE!

Sux that I seem to have misplaced my vinyl dress, 20 year old bod and coke connection.

But assuming I can find them, will be there with bells on. Rich's was the best--awesome music, it's bathrooms didn't suck, there were always a handful of cool straight guys in case you wanted to creep, and it was icy cold inside.

• 2 weeks later...

I got there at 9:00pm to beat the crowd and got a good parking spot. The place was packed and the music was good. At about 12:00 though my friends and I had enough. The crowd was a little DB for our taste so we decided to go to Numbers. We walk out to the car and there are two cars parked longways behind a row of cars. Our car was one of the ones blocked in. I complained to the guy at the door and was told to talk to the manager. Of course the manager was impossible to find. We finally just happened upon him. He walked to the lot and looked at the cars. He said that the car belonged to an employee and he would try to get it moved. An hour later we were still waiting. Finally the jerk comes out to move his car. By this time I was furious. He says he'll move and I start telling him what jerk he is for blocking cars in. He doesn't apologize and starts berating me. Someone had just hit a cop car out on the street and cops were swarming the place. I didn't want to wind up in jail so I got in the car and left. Needless to say I won't be going back.

Never have had a decent experience at Rich's.

AVOID.

since the thread is about a specific event and not the club itself........not sure why you're telling people to avoid. the event is over and so is this thread.

• The topic was unlocked

Archived