Homeowners Insurance In Katy

Brak

I have Farmers Insurance and it just went up $400 this year. Cover letter says: Recent hurricanes have caused greater damage then we anticipated. In order to keep premiums affordable, we must balance the rates we charge with the coverage we provide.

I now have a new Tropical Cyclone deductible in a new policy called Farmers Next Generation. My deductibles all went up and this new Cyclone deductible is twice my other deductibles.

I have had Farmers for cars and homes for 20 some years and have been very satisfied.

What is everyone else doing and people with Farmers, respond to what all this really means......

Doesn't appear to be anything every other insurer hasn't already done; e.g. raise premiums post-Ike and increase the tropical

cyclone (aka 'named hurricane' deductible.) I believe Allstate and State Farm has already gone to a 2% deductible well before Ike. I had an Ike

claim on my USAA policy and was lucky to still have a 1% deductible. No change in my rates this year, but in 09, in addition to

doubling the storm deductible, my rates increased about 20%.

Our homeowners insurance with Farmers actually went down $150 this year, no change in coverage. Have had homeowners insurance with them for only 4 years since moving to Katy and buying a home here, but have had auto coverage with Farmers for almost 40 years.

I have Farmers Insurance and it just went up $400 this year. Cover letter says: Recent hurricanes have caused greater damage then we anticipated. In order to keep premiums affordable, we must balance the rates we charge with the coverage we provide.

I now have a new Tropical Cyclone deductible in a new policy called Farmers Next Generation. My deductibles all went up and this new Cyclone deductible is twice my other deductibles.

I have had Farmers for cars and homes for 20 some years and have been very satisfied.

What is everyone else doing and people with Farmers, respond to what all this really means......

I have been with Nationwide Insurance for many years, HO and auto. Their standard policy deductible is 2% tropical cyclone, 1% all other. For a minimal charge I upgraded to 2% TS, 1% wind/hail and .5% all other. Unable to get any better deductible. I pay $1040 per year for $250K coverage which seems reasonable from my standpoint.

I understand there are some places in the coastal areas that pay 10% or more for deductible.

• The title was changed to Homeowners Insurance In Katy