I didn't say it was. They just don't give a rats. I had one of their people come out and look at the trees and he basically shrugged and said their number one priority is to keep the lines clear. And I'm still not convinced that they could be held accountable by anything other than a civil lawsuit. which would be a logistical nightmare for the average homeowner, with no guarantee of a favorable outcome.

I wish they would come cut my tree down...its ugly as sin, encroaching on their lines, and half dead...

If they just top it and take the part around the power lines away with them it would sure save me alot of work! Then I could just chop the trunk of that ugly thing up and haul it off without renting a cherry picker, or lift to get to the areas I cant reach with a ladder without killing myself. So I would prefer centerpoint come get this one for me...Might recoup PART of the cost of the smart meter they are making me pay for so I can save them all that cash not having to read my meter.

• 1 month later...

I see this post is from last year, but it's always a good idea to trim your trees prior to hurricane season, so I'll go ahead and throw on the small, locally-owned landscaping company I work for, Four Seasons Outdoor Living. We have a website, too, but we are about to redo it. You can also call the owner, Jeff @ 713-261-3049. He's a really nice guy. :)

Archived