Grand Lakes?

This is my first post on HAIF. Be gentle!

I'm scouting the Katy area for a new (to me) home. Any comments about the Grand Lakes development? Pros? Cons?

I'm pretty familiar with Cinco Ranch (at least East of 99). Comparisons would be appreciated.

One thing I noticed about Grand Lakes were the HOA fees. They hover in the $1100/year range. That's steep... even compared to Cinco. Does anything "extra" come with that fee (like trash collection)?

This is my first post on HAIF.  Be gentle!

I'm scouting the Katy area for a new (to me) home.  Any comments about the Grand Lakes development?  Pros? Cons?

I'm pretty familiar with Cinco Ranch (at least East of 99).  Comparisons would be appreciated.

One thing I noticed about Grand Lakes were the HOA fees.  They hover in the $1100/year range.  That's steep... even compared to Cinco.  Does anything "extra" come with that fee (like trash collection)?

Wrong forum for this question.  Go to city-data (see link below)

http://www.city-data.com/forum/houston/

I live in Grand Lakes so I can speak to your question. Yes, the HOA fee is $1,090 / year right now and it does include trash collection. For what it is worth, I think most neighborhood HOA fees include trash collection.

Grand Lakes has about 3,000 homes in it priced from around $200K up to $650K.

Pros: neighborhood parks, fishing lakes, tons of walking trails, dog parks, multiple pools, planned community events, proximity to West Park Tollway, etc.

Cons: Higher HOA does, smaller lot sizes, etc.

Cinco is huge. Like 10,000 houses huge and is still growing. If you go to HAR.com and search the Cinco Ranch neighborhood you will come up with house priced over $1 Million and houses around $150,000. It is a beautiful development as well.

At the end of the day you can only live in one!

I wish I could find the statistic for you but I can't...something about the HOA fee comparison on a per capita basis between Grand Lakes and Cinco Ranch. Grand Lakes comes out ahead in the comparison, I just can't remember the details.

Archived