Gutter cleaners and 'cover' installers?

Anyone know a company that will clean our gutters and install 'shields?' I have a feeling that the gutters have not been cleaned since the house was built (after re-doing the flower beds and fixing the down spouttings I realized last night that fixing down spoutings are worthless if all the water poors over the edgeof the house!).

Our roof line is a little to high for us to tackle this ourselves.

I don't have an installer for you (Craigslist?), but I did recently install GutterStuff (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11490677&cm_mmc=BCEmail_468-_-BANNER-_-4-_-GutterStuff) purchased from Costco. It's a bit of a pain to get into the gutter, but it seems to work really well. We have a massive red oak that is dropping leaves like crazy right now and they are staying out of the gutters.

Anyone know a company that will clean our gutters and install 'shields?' I have a feeling that the gutters have not been cleaned since the house was built (after re-doing the flower beds and fixing the down spouttings I realized last night that fixing down spoutings are worthless if all the water poors over the edgeof the house!).

Yes I do, visit houstonseamlessgutters.com they are a small business, with allot of experience, they do mine, family and friends.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed these guards from Loews, they also have them at Home Depot and they work very well, about $1.00 per ft., easy to install.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=361-205-85320&lpage=none

• 6 months later...

Here are the quotes we got:

Gutter Pros - $1400 to re-nail, caulk, clean gutters and then add covers.

LeafGuard - $3500 to entirely replace the gutters and downspouts with their product (claiming it is much better than Gutter Pros' cover).

I don't think our gutters have been cleaned in the 10 years the house has existed. The probably need some major fixing. We have to 39 foot linear runs. On the west side ALL the water pours over the rear of the roof; on the east side ALL the water pours over the front side of the house. The gutters have a little daylight between them and the house at those areas. We also want covers because they are too high to clean ourselves.

Advice?

• 3 weeks later...

Afte realizing we could have our gutters cleaned 17.5 times for the cost of LeafGuard or 7.5 times fo the price of Gutter Pros, we opted to have them cleaned only. The fear of water leaking into our house just didn't sell the products.

It was glorious seeing water flow from our downspoutings yesterday for the first time since we've owned the house!!!

Afte realizing we could have our gutters cleaned 17.5 times for the cost of LeafGuard or 7.5 times fo the price of Gutter Pros, we opted to have them cleaned only. The fear of water leaking into our house just didn't sell the products.

It was glorious seeing water flow from our downspoutings yesterday for the first time since we've owned the house!!!

YIT, who did you finally settle on to do the cleaning? I'm in the same position having a two story with five downspouts to be 'snaked' out.

Archived