Pulte Is Tops, Royce Near Bottom

pineda

Heh... Typical..except..I hate Pulte. Their homes are in the "lower end" of the spectrum, IMO. Thankfully, David Powers, and Weekley are near the top, since they deliver a somewhat upscale product, with great design, and service.

Back in 2000, while on a brief break from working in the music industry, I was a super for Royce Homes. I was one of two building a neighborhood in Spring/Woodlands area. Royce has several different divisions, from "starter homes" up to half a million dollar ones. As you would suspect, the lower the price of the house, the less solid the construction was. However, Royce did get 3rd party inspections...which is a good thing. However...I hate those cookie cutter tract homes. If I were to buy a house, I would buy one that isnt any younger than 25-30 years. I think those first round of suburbs during the late 70's out in NW Houston were nice. They are where I grew up...like Lakewood Forest, Champions, Prestonwood, Hunters Valley, etc.

I find the JDPowers rankings pretty rank.

Pulte is no longer in the BBB as of last year. Just prior to that they did not go to arbitration as their contract states with the BBB. This is a free service to both parties. Pulte did not go through with it.

They have an unsatisfactory rating also.

If they wanted to do a ranking, they should talk to homeowners who had a defect and find how the builder reacted to their defect. I would bet all would be at the bottom.