Idylwood Homes Along The Bayou

A Realtor has to disclose anything they know "without even being asked about it" that would influence someone's decision to purchase real estate. This

is covered in the Texas Deceptive Trade Practice Laws. Although there are several other things that should have tipped someone off 1) Signed seller's disclosure statement that the owner is required to provide, that discloses seller's awareness of any previous flooding problems. 2.) Survey that is required by most mortgages, that would indicate the flood zone and and FEMA flood zone designations. 3.) Property insurance policy would not be issued if proper flood zone binder is not included. History of any previous insurance claims would also come out on a new policy quote. 4.) Any normal home inspection should have been able to uncover any previous flooding damage. Don't know what happened with Krebbs house, but is certainly a shame than anyone has to go through that.

• 6 years later...
15 hours ago, Slick Vik said:

Any thoughts on 6715 park? Seems awfully close to the bayou but listing says no flooding. 

https://www.har.com/u/1bB7dC3d

my guess is that this is accurate. I drive through there occasionally, and as the streets move away from the bayou they go up steeply in elevation. go for a drive around the area, you'll see what I mean.

On 10/22/2018 at 2:37 PM, samagon said:

my guess is that this is accurate. I drive through there occasionally, and as the streets move away from the bayou they go up steeply in elevation. go for a drive around the area, you'll see what I mean.

I got the seller disclosure it says house never flooded but garage got 10-12 inches of rain. This makes sense since garage isn’t elevated. Means it has to be elevated or rebuilt,

• The title was changed to Idylwood Homes Along The Bayou

Archived