Free Apps get "in app" purchases

• 1 month later...

The "Lite" app is effectively dead y'all! B)

Rolando 2 is now "free" for chapter 1, and each chapter there after is $0.99.

$5 now.

BTW, are me and Wayne the only ones on the Plus Network?

I'm glad about this. All those "lite" apps were stupid and made navigating the store more difficult.

I think the minimum price for an in-app purchase is 99 cents. That's too bad. I think it should be one cent. Apple would start a whole new industry if newspapers could charge people a penny or two for each story read. It's what the papers have wanted to do all along, but there hasn't been a mechanism to accomplish it until now. But maybe that's what Apple's got up its sleeve with its new tablet. We'll see.

I'm glad about this. All those "lite" apps were stupid and made navigating the store more difficult.

I think the minimum price for an in-app purchase is 99 cents. That's too bad. I think it should be one cent. Apple would start a whole new industry if newspapers could charge people a penny or two for each story read. It's what the papers have wanted to do all along, but there hasn't been a mechanism to accomplish it until now. But maybe that's what Apple's got up its sleeve with its new tablet. We'll see.

I think they could do sub $0.99 purchase if they resort to the "wallet" format of the PSN network. They have a minimum of $5 before a transaction goes through.

So if you could have a $5 prepurchased cushion that would work.

I think the credit card fees would be too much for numerous tiny purchases.

What would a fee be for $0.01?

It would either round down to zero or be held in a secret "waiting area" until a whole number was reached with other purchases.

Archived