Renting/Leasing In Cinco Ranch?

Hi everyone:

My wife and I are contemplating relocating from Woodway TX to Cinco Ranch. Probably buying into an existing neighborhood rather than building new. We tend to like the more established neighborhoods with more mature trees and landscaping. Last time we visited we walked around some of the neighborhoods bordering the Cinco Ranch beach club and really liked them. However we definitely want to take our time looking for the right house/neighborhood before building or buying. Get a feel for the traffic patterns, neighborhood amenities, etc. We have 3 daughters ages 3, 6, and 11 so schools are a priority. And being adjacent to schools is even better. So our preference would be to lease a nice house for a year or two to really get a feel for the area before making the plunge into home ownership again. Due to the circumstances of our last move we were basically forced to find and buy a house over the space of a 3-day weekend. Which worked out OK but was more rushed than I like.

So my question is this. Do the HOAs in Cinco Ranch and/or the other nicer communities in the Katy area restrict leasing? Or can one find nice houses available for lease? The reason I ask is because the HOA in the first neighborhood we bought into in the Waco area prohibited leasing. Whereas there are no such restrictions in our current neighborhood in Woodway.

If homes in Cinco Ranch can be leased, can anyone point me to a realtor or management agency that deals with Katy area homes? Or is it more of a Craigs List/Classified ad sort of thing?

Thanks

When we first moved here years ago we were told that leasing and Renting was prohibited in Cinco Ranch. But recently over the last year we have seen a bunch of homes for lease.

I was curious about this so asked Cinco Ranch HOA and thier reply to me was that there has never been any restrictions on leasing.

So according to the Cinco Ranch HOA it is ok to lease homes. As for what is available cannot say but the 3 I had seen up for lease in our neighborhood went very quickly.

If you would just like to look and see what is available, the har.com website has a leasing section.

http://search.har.co...earchClass7.cfm

Just type in "Cinco Ranch" in the neighborhood spot and any other parameters. We leased a house in Cinco while we were waiting on our house to be built.

Houses lease fast and expensive in Cinco Ranch. For a 4bd 2-3 bath your looking at $1600-2200 per month.

Houses lease fast and expensive in Cinco Ranch. For a 4bd 2-3 bath your looking at $1600-2200 per month.

That's actually a LOT cheaper than similar houses lease for in the Waco area if you want to be in the Midway ISD which has schools comparable to Katy ISD

In any event, I don't know that leasing will be required if we can time things the way we want. But it is nice to know the option exists. I would be reluctant to buy in Katy until we are able to sell our house in the Waco area and I would rather take my time looking for the right house at the right price rather than quickly snatching up something on a weekend visit.

That's actually a LOT cheaper than similar houses lease for in the Waco area if you want to be in the Midway ISD which has schools comparable to Katy ISD

In any event, I don't know that leasing will be required if we can time things the way we want. But it is nice to know the option exists. I would be reluctant to buy in Katy until we are able to sell our house in the Waco area and I would rather take my time looking for the right house at the right price rather than quickly snatching up something on a weekend visit.

Actually the house next door to us is for sale or lease. 5 BR Weekly home built in 2002. Approx. 4,100 sq ft. $3300 per month lease or $395,000. We live within 1 mile of the local elementary, Jr. High, and high school and 1 mile to La Centera. I ride my bike over to Baker Street pub on the weekends.

Edited by King of Katy

• The title was changed to Renting/Leasing In Cinco Ranch?