Houston Visitor Reviews

Lots of exaggerations in both directions. Some of these people seem to have written their reviews in advance, whether they've made a recent visit or not. Some of it sounds like boosterism while some of the others sound like, "Hmm... here's yet another opportunity to display my pathetic need to feel superior. I'll talk about traffic!"

At some point, you have to admit that when some "visitor" goes on and on about traffic, that they've got some real issues with reality, as I can't think of any U.S. city without bad traffic. OTOH, I think you're asking for a wry frown when you say that Houston is "perfect" or has no "cons". That's equally as ridiculous.

Ah yes, user reviews... The place for haters and boosters. It's like the restaurant reviews on Citysearch. Regardless of what restaurant you look at, there's always one guy that claims it was the worst experience he's ever had. And then of course, what's to stop someone that works there from posting a bunch of raves?

Even worse is when it happens on Amazon, which is more and more often. Authors get their friends and family to post bogus reviews. There was an article about it in some newspaper not too long ago. I don't trust any Amazon products that don't have both good and bad reviews.