Looking For A Reputable Roofer To Determine Source Of Problem For Water Leaks After Rain

We have been in our house for a year and have had reocurring roof leaks. Each time the rain comes in a new area of the house. They keep resealing the vents/jacks on the roof and now think it has to do with the roof design. So, we are looking for a roofer or roof inspector that is reputable and has the ability to identify possible problems. I would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

We have been in our house for a year and have had reocurring roof leaks. Each time the rain comes in a new area of the house. They keep resealing the vents/jacks on the roof and now think it has to do with the roof design. So, we are looking for a roofer or roof inspector that is reputable and has the ability to identify possible problems. I would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

Karl Schaack with Price Consulting. Karl's office number is 281 209 1724. Karl is a licensed professional engineer specializing in building envelopes / roof coverings.

Being a roofing contractor myself, I advise you to NOT get a roofer to diagnose the problems (unless you really, really trust him). You may get a lot of differing opinions, "quick" fixes and "overkill" long term solutions from roofers and then wind up out of pocket with money and nothing to show but a bunch of "solutions" that did not work.

Out of morbid curiosity, what kind of roof do you have?

• The title was changed to Looking For A Reputable Roofer To Determine Source Of Problem For Water Leaks After Rain