saint george's place - 2009 property taxes

seeeca

hi everyone! i've been reading posts on the forum for quite some time, but this is my first actual post.

i hope all you knowledgeable folks can help me out.

i'm looking to purchase in saint george's place (by the galleria) and noticed that the property taxes have dropped ~5% in the area from 2008 to 2009. any idea why? is it just a case of the neighborhood petitioning to bring down the taxes?

can i use this to my advantage when trying to negotiate on a purchase price? the house i'm looking to buy is listed at $150K over the 2009 appraisal value. another is listed at $100K over the 2009 appraisal value. any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

hi everyone! i've been reading posts on the forum for quite some time, but this is my first actual post.

i hope all you knowledgeable folks can help me out.

i'm looking to purchase in saint george's place (by the galleria) and noticed that the property taxes have dropped ~5% in the area from 2008 to 2009. any idea why? is it just a case of the neighborhood petitioning to bring down the taxes?

can i use this to my advantage when trying to negotiate on a purchase price? the house i'm looking to buy is listed at $150K over the 2009 appraisal value. another is listed at $100K over the 2009 appraisal value. any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

I would suggest using a Realtor. I know a good one ;) . PM me for contact information.