I've heard pretty nice things about The British Isles on the HAIF, and recently my sister visited it. She was telling us at what a great store it was, and how she got a one-of-a-kind Scottish-made chocolate bar for $1.35. What are your thoughts on it?

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely love it. I get all my UK goodies there: prawn cocktail crisps, Wagon Wheels, Penguin Bars, HP Brown Sauce, mushy peas... They even have a freezer with delicious Cornish pasties and meat pies! Eeeee! I heart that place like crazy.

Absolutely love it. I get all my UK goodies there: prawn cocktail crisps, Wagon Wheels, Penguin Bars, HP Brown Sauce, mushy peas... They even have a freezer with delicious Cornish pasties and meat pies! Eeeee! I heart that place like crazy.

I am going to starve when I go to England this summer.

OMG, no! You're going to love it! Look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshilcutt/set...57605433736858/

Just stay away from anything that advertises itself as "American" or "Cajun" or "Mexican" food while over there and you'll be fine. :lol:

Example: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshilcutt/283...57605433736858/

:D

ha! I always used to say, England: go for the boys but leave for dinner. France is so close.

I dare you to find a good tomato in any restaurant or pub that doesn't cost at least 20 pound for a meal.

You'll have a blast. You won't starve, but it will help to lower your expectations while (ooh sorry, whilst) you open your wallet.

I actually went there yesterday. The china is expensive, but the back has the best stuff. I bought two Terry's Chocolate Orange bars and my brother bought a Yellow Submarine mug. There were also some "beef and horseradish" chips (er, crisps?) that were intriguing (but they were not bought).