I need help with my loft condo design

I'm working on a design for a "loft" condo. I need to fit the following stuff form a bathroom in a small space and I can't rack my brain anymore.

• Washer
  • Dryer
  • Countertop sink
  • Toilet
  • Bath
  • Closet (Reach-in)

lofty.png

Have any ideas? Please post!

• 2 weeks later...

Try putting a top-loading washer, sink, and dryer down the right-hand wall (as you walk in; on the left in plan), so that you'll have a workspace to use [medicine cabinet behind the fold-down ironing board?] and one that will be available even when the tub or toilet are in use. You could either have a closet in the jog of the wall behind - and another door in line with the first to lead to the inner bathroom - or you could altogether avoid the expense of framing in another door as follows.

Let the jog contain two of the three feet of a 3' wide passage, curtained as creatively as you like, parallel to the main door, and divide the rest of the space with a 5'6" storage divider running parallel to the main door (and not necessarily all the way to the ceiling - more lively if you won't). There should be enough room behind it for the tub and toilet cul-de-sac that you could have a bit of shelving facing back there for their toiletries too.

In any case you will have to port the dryer and the bathroom humidity out-of-doors if there is no window. By the way, that galley kitchen is not likely going to work smoothly, if there's anything you can look to do about that.

Archived